Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dream Home - Pacific Coast Paradise

Sorry I missed last weeks Dream Home! As I mentioned on Friday, things were a little out of sorts for me.

A couple of weeks ago, I received a reader request to see a unique beach home on the U.S. Pacific Coast. I could've taken the easy route and picked a crazy beach home located somewhere in California, but I thought if you've seen one of those, you've usually seen them all. In an effort to do something different, I went a route that was more appealing to me and picked a beach home located in Washington state. The whole idea of these beach homes is a little more different and reminds me a lot of the cottage lifestyle we love so much north of the border.

Today's dream home comes from LuxuryHomes.com and is located on Bainbridge Island, in Washington. The home was once featured in Martha Stewart Living and can now be yours for just under $3M.


The interior is beautifully decorated, I think I would just try to negotiate buying the whole thing furnished...


I'm loving the pops of red around this room, especially on that wood burning stove! Isn't it gorgeous? The colour on the walls has me thinking our what we've done in our own basement. I wonder if B would be okay with me taking to our gas fireplace with some red spray paint?


I am in love with that stone fireplace, and the huge windows looking out over the water. Wouldn't this just be the perfect room to sit back with some friends, a nice glass of wine and catch up?


Loving the bedroom... mainly because of those bookcases! So much storage for so many books! I don't know if I'm digging the glass doors with nothing covering them, but that's a pretty easy fix. I'd know... after moving into a house with all glass doors.


Wine Cellar? I better for $3! The set up is kind of awkward in this photo with the tiny rug and the single table and chair. It could use some sprucing up, but then again... it is just storing your massive wine collection!

The outdoor space looks absolutely glorious...


That's your own personal guest cottage right there, and that nice stone fire pit next to your own private beach. Are you sold yet?


I'm loving this deck. Perfect spot for entertaining, or just settling back for your own private dinner next to the water. There's tons of space (or at least looks like it). I think it would be a great spot for some comfy out door couches and chairs, and a littl bit bigger dining table maybe?

Then of course... there are the views!



There's something about those two photos side by side that makes me think you're not really getting both of those. But one can dream. A mountain view like that, from a home next to the water is just incredibly dreamy for me - how about you?

So what do you think? Dreamy? If it's not quite your dream home, then what is? Let me know and I'll do my best to find something out there on the market!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I'm totally joking by the way - I wasn't sure how my comment above would be taken. I don't want to come off as this snobby multi-millionaire...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I guess it's less crazy than the other homes I've posted!? :) $18M... $59M... makes $3M seem like pocket change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I wish $3M was pocket change!

    I'd love to see a dream home somewhere on the coast of Italy! My husband and I spent sometime in the Cinque Terre on our honeymoon and it is one of my favourite places in the world....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Washington State is so beautiful. I love the red fireplace as well and those built in bookcases are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, i love that curved sofa-would be perfect for my basement when we ever finish it! those bookshelves, all above the door...totally jealous. wowzers, thanks for showing us this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Bainbridge Island. They have the most beautiful homes. Sometimes I take the fairy over from Seattle and walk around looking at all the incredible houses. This one is stunning! That fireplace is such an awesome statement. But those views of sunshine and clear skies is a rare occasion over here! (: I'm surprised it's only $3M...I was expecting more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig