Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Switch

This past weekend we started to notice the dreaded occurring.... the sheets were freezing when we climbed into bed at night! Don't get me wrong, we both love sleeping with the cool air swirling around us and snuggling up under the blankets, but I detest climbing into a cold bed at night. Last fall we came up with a solution when we purchased a set of fleece sheets from Costco. Yes, you read that right, Fleece - not Flannel!


Source
They are the best sheets, ever, especially at this time of year when we're not quite ready to turn the heat on, and still enjoy sleeping with the windows open. The only downside is that it makes it extra hard to get up on those days that you already don't want to.

On the other hand, they were great last night when I arrived home from my drafting class with the worst migraine ever, and woke up with it again this morning. I slept right through the morning enjoying the warm cuddly feeling of my fleece sheets. 

I wasn't too sure about them when I first saw them last fall in Costco, but it was love the first time we put them on our bed and climbed between the sheets at night to find them warm and cuddly. No more cold sheets for us here!

So what are your thoughts when it comes to fleece sheets, yah or nay? What is it that you're loving most about autumn right now?

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I love my fleece sheets, could do without the electric shocks though, sometimes I can see them in the dark when I crawl into bed (it's like my own little light show!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband always had fleece sheets in his bed when he was living with his parents. I loved them! Nice and toasty warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got a set for my little guy Liam's room last last year (at costco), when i put them on his bed I was instantly jealous! I want them too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bit about the sheets made me laugh because we found exactly the samr thing just the other night! Hope you are well and having a good week, Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my son has those sheets..and his bed is always the snuggliest.. I hope they have them in king size this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds super cozy! sounds like i need to head to costco!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know about the fleece sheets...I love cool smooth sheets, after they warm up of course. Does that make sense? Nah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha, that sounds like us last night. we didn't make "the switch" yet, but it definitely feels like time! i like those t shirt sheets, i feel like they are warmer than regular sheets, but not as warm as flannel (which is too warm for me).

    i can't believe your trip to those fabulous places! i've never been to italy or france, but i will one day, i know that for sure! i am so glad to have gone to bruges, too funny about the chocolate store! been to london a few times, too.

    thanks for the bday wishes, and hope you can come back for the giveaway tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig