Friday, June 28, 2013

The Mom Cave - Phase 1

Normally Friday's are saved for Fancy Friday love... but I just couldn't post one after not posting all week. I also meant to share my office progress with you all week,  but my camera cable was missing and I wasn't able to upload new photos. I managed to find another compatible cable last night, just in time to give you a first glimpse into my new "Mom Cave/Office Space"!

So here's what has been happening in my office. When we moved in last month, the office space looked like this (only those pictures over the window were gone)...


IMG_1397

IMG_1396

Just an empty grey box. Nothing awful, but nothing that left me feeling inspired and excited to work in there.  After seeing Halle's room coming together, I really loved the colours and decided to use them in my office as well. I decided I would paint three of the walls in the Pearl and the wall with the window (and the least amount of wall space to paint) Coral. It took me more coats than I care to admit, and I discovered that I am actually quite bad at painting... but it's finally done, and I'm loving it...

June 24, 2013

June 24, 2013


Don't mind that too large area rug on the floor. It's the rug from our living room at our old house, and I thought it would be perfect in here. Turns out it's too large, so we have plans to have it cut and bound again (works out well since Harley chewed up one of the corners of it anyway). It's been vacuumed and shampoo'd once... and I may do it again after we get it back from being cut down. I love that it will fill the entire room though - talk about instant and inexpensive flooring change! 

I also made a little switch up on the closet doors. I took off the old pulls on there, and added these clock pulls that I had sitting around the house. Such a small, but fun little detail. 

June 24, 2013

Aside from getting that rug taken care of, I also plan on doing a little DIY lighting switch - hope it's something I can tackle before the end of next week to share with you. I'm really excited about this project... and to lose that awful light fixture that is currently in the room.

The wall with the electrical panel, I also hope to turn into a display type wall for all of my Halle Handmade tags. B and I seem to have two different ideas, so we'll need to sit down and put our heads together to figure out the best way to tackle that project.

Window coverings also need to go back up. The vertical blinds that came with the house need to be cleaned and put back up, and then I plan on adding the light weight IKEA curtains that we had hanging in our kitchen at the rental. Lots to do still - thankfully it's a long weekend!

June 24, 2013


B has also been working on a building a desk for me! It's a great option because it's custom so I will get the look and size I want for the fraction of what it would cost us to buy something! For a desk that will be close to 10 feet long, it will cost only just over $100 - not bad, right? It's looking great so far, and if you follow me on Instagram you've probably caught a few peeks of how it's coming along. 

PicMonkey Collage

I can't wait to share more with you next week! Speaking of next week - Google Reader is officially done as of Monday! SO, if you are looking for a new way to follow along, I'm on Bloglovin! You can find a link in my right hand side bar (right under my blog roll). I'd be happy to have you follow me there! You can also find me on Facebook - I have an RSS feed that shares my posts, and every so often I share other bits and bobs there too! 

So Happy Canada Day weekend to all of you fellow Canadians! What are your plans this weekend?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. It is looking fabulous! I love the paint colours! And I am jealous you have a handy man living in your house. I would have to build a desk myself, if I wanted one like that! Can't wait to see it unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that rug is SO perfect for the room!!! Can't wait to see what you have planned next :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Kerry, I was scrolling down through my unread blogs and when I got to that wall I literally gasped. i LOVE that colour! I can't wait to see the finished room. Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love wiht the rug your using for your office! The colors go perfectly with your walls and I'm so looking forward to seeing your new desk!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that bold punch of color...definitely inspiring for your mom cave/office. and can't wait to see the finished desk and space.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig