Tuesday, January 31, 2012

There's MORE!

... Bathroom renovation that is! While I was out chatting with some fabulous bloggers on Saturday night, B and my Dad were at home slaving away on the bathroom (Halle was hanging out with Grandma). Before I get to what they accomplished, I need to post a photo of where the bathroom was at my last update...


January 23, 2012
{Start of the tile in the tub}

January 23, 2012
{Last of the drywall}

January 23, 2012
{grout going on the floor}

The bathroom was a little further than this when they started working on it on Saturday. B had did some more mudding on the walls and we had both added some more tile to tub area, as well as onto the side of the tub. Those men worked hard on Saturday though and when I got home Saturday evening I was thrilled to see this...

January 29, 2012

January 29, 2012

January 29, 2012

You'll see that paint has already started to go on the walls. B primed while I was out and started painting the bottom half when I got home. We started at the bottom so that we could put on the baseboard and not have to worry about taping it off to paint the walls. The colour is called Epiphany from Para Paints. I actually picked it out at the same time as the living room paint and have been anxiously awaiting getting it on the walls. A huge thanks to Para for supplying us with the paint - we love it! The coverage is fantastic and it dries in the perfect amount of time. Not too quickly that it makes it hard to paint, but quick enough that you aren't waiting ages to get another coat on. It's absolutely the perfect shade of blue too, with the right amount of grey undertone in it - I am in L-O-V-E!

Sunday, my parents were over again and those men wasted no time at all. There was all kinds of tiling and mudding going on. Thankfully we have been having a very mild winter, so cutting those tiles on the back deck with the wet saw was not too big of a deal for them. Look what they accomplished on Sunday....

January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012

Are you seeing how fabulous this is!? I stand in Halle's nursery and that bathroom just shines! A far cry from the old, dated space it was when we moved in just over two and a half years ago. 

Aside from finishing the tile in the tub, and on the side of the tub (did you notice that?), B also tested out the heated floor (perfect!), and they started to install our baseboards...

January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012

Yes, you are seeing that correctly. We are using our floor tile as baseboard as well. My Dad did this when he tiled their main floor and B and I loved the look and how much easier it was to keep clean, so we opted for it in the bathroom as well. The tile was cut to 4" and we used silver edging on top to hide the cut edge of the tile. It's so much easier to wipe clean, and no worries of having to paint it, or touch it up in the future. 

One of my favourite additions though, is our new pocket door...

January 31, 2012

January 31, 2012

It's so nice to have a door on here again, especially since we just want to get our toilet back in place at this point. We managed to find the door at Lowe's, in stock. It looks similar to the closet doors we put in the front entrance, without the lines in the panels. 

Closet Doors - July 2011


We liked this, since it carries on the look without being exactly the same. If we continue to replace the glass panelled doors in our home, we have a style we want to stick with as well. Now just to decide how we want to paint it. I'm thinking of just pulling out the plain old white and sticking to that for now. It's a really small landing so I don't want to overwhelm it with colour - what would you do?

We're still hoping to have most of it wrapped up for our Superbowl Party this coming Sunday. At least have a functional toilet and vanity again. It's so exciting to finally have this whole project coming to an end.
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Wowie! It looks fantastic!

    I'd paint the door white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow! I LOVE all that tile - it's amazing to see it coming all together, so I can only imagine how you feel. That pocket door is such a good choice, what a space saver. I would paint it white too - the nice thing is that you can always change it later if it's not colourful enough for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the subway tiles, great tiling job! That the Epiphany is one of my favourites from Sarah's collection. I'd paint the pocket wall white as well as it transitions better into white subway tiled wall when you open it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so great Kerry! I love the subway tiles and the blue is going to look great. It's coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks great! i LOOVE the tiled side of the bath, so spa-like and lush!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it looks fantastic! Very oasis/spa-like. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm with everyone else on just painting the door white - it's clean and fresh - and you can always change your mind later!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks so good! I love the pocket door great space save and the tile - YES!

    ReplyDelete
  8. kerry, it looks great. i'm so jealous-exactly what we want in our washroom too...love the idea of the tile being the trim along the floor. can't wait to see it all done

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is looking fabulous! As for the door, you should paint the door the same colour as your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so much progress! it looks so great! i love that feling you get when things start coming together again, great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh girl! I am SUPER jealous of that subway tile with the dark grout. Your bathroom is coming along just beautifully! And using floor tile as a baseboard? Genius! We can never keep ours clean :(.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is awesome, and using the tile as baseboard is a wonderful idea. It looks very sleek with the cap piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. insane! love it all~ the tile and doors! ahh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's looking fantasticKerry! Love the view through the pocket door. I'd paint it white.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, it looks incredible!! such hard workers you have "on staff" haha I like your take on it though - scoot out to a blogger meet up and then get all the glory of posting it! LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so awesome you have heated floors AND a pocket door. I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing! You guys are doing such a fabulous job. I have tile for baseboards in our bathrooms and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohmygoodness, this is really coming along! I think I'd paint the door white too. It really looks fantastic! I have to ask was it hard to switch a regular door to a pocket door? I'd love to do this to our closet, it's a "walk in" but once the door opens in on the closet there is hardly any room to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is just looking fabulous Kerry! I can't wait to see the finished product...as I'm sure you are equally looking forward to enjoying the space yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks great. Must have turned out nicely

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig