Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Welcome Home!

That's exactly how I feel every time I use our front door now, so incredibly WELCOME! Not only is the exterior looking fantastic, but the inside is really starting to shape up as well. As I said before, B's really been working his behind off. But before I give you a peak at what he's been doing, let's take a look back and what it looked like the last time I posted about the interior...




Yup, last time I shared we still had quite a ways to go before our front entry was warm, cozy, welcoming and well, uh, useable again! B was determined to get the room mostly ready for our gatherings this past weekend, so there were a lot of nights like this...




Believe me, all of those late nights and hard work have seriously paid off! Not only can we use our front entrance regularly again and hang our coats in a proper closet, but the room is actually WARM! As I mentioned in the original post outlining our renovation, this room once felt like a freezer in the middle of winter. Before we'd leave in the morning, we'd have to slip through the ratty curtain that separated it from the rest of the house to grab our coats and bring them inside to warm them up. There was also the issue that if the curtain was even slightly open you could feel a draft coming in. We may as well have left our front door open for all the good that curtain did!

But enough about what it was like before... here's what we're greeted with when we come home now...



Yup, there's still some painting to be done, trim to be added, closet doors to be installed, and window treatments to be addressed, but we are already so THRILLED! Can you see the floor? I should've got a picture of just the floor... but let me tell you... It's TILE! I know, it looks like wood. All we really know is that it's some rare Italian tile that we bought at this tile place we frequent (right near Olympia for those of you in Toronto), and got it for a pretty good price considering we had a store credit from the leftover bathroom floor tile we brought back! We are seriously in LOVE with it! I'll have to give you some close ups soon. 

So, that's how we're looking right now, with more to come soon! It's hard to believe the transformation it's made to the whole home in the end! There's been a few other smaller projects going on that I'll share soon... but the coming days will be busy getting ready for the holidays, so no promises of posts! If I'm not back in the next few days... Merry Christmas (and don't forget to enter my Inniskillin giveaway... contest closes tonight and winner will be announced tomorrow... so you'll at least hear from me then!)
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. wow - it's looking great! love that you've added a festive touch even though it isn't completely finished yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Kerry and B, it really looks great! I love your tile choice, and from what I can see in the pic you have a nice big closet (I'm jealous!)... Can't wait to see it all dressed up with doors and window coverings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic Kerry !! Going from a coat rack to a full blown closet is great. You'll find joy in the simple task of buying hangers !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! And a place to put your coats!! You must be thrilled.

    That floor is fantastic. I love that it looks like wood!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking great! Love the floor, and how nice that you'll have a coat closet right there when you walk in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG love! I can't imagine having such a cold room only separating the house by a curtain. The room looks so great from the outside and the inside. I'm loving the wood grained tile too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it's looking so fab, Kerry! I love that little table in the entry way as well. It's going to look amazing when it's all finished! Can't wait to follow along :) Happy Holidays Gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love seeing the update photos - thanks Kerry. So much HARD work!! Funny to see B in shorts and T-shirt with snow outside the window! It must be so warm and welcoming!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that tile! Great job guys!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that tile! I saw it on one of the HGTV shows recently and since then I've wanted to use it somewhere. Such a great idea for areas that may get wet. It's looking great Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting! LOVE the tile. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coming along very nicely. Nothing like a deadline to keep you on track ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That floor is the best - perfect solution for a high traffic spot. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig