Thursday, December 9, 2010

Perfectly Imperfect - Brittany's Master Bedroom

Another perfectly imperfect room coming at you this afternoon! Today's room comes from Brittany, who I'm pretty sure was my first loyal reader / commenter. It's been great getting to know Brittany via the blog world... and today I feel like I'm getting to know her just a little more...

Hey First Time Fancy readers! I'm Brittany from over at My.Daily.Randomness. I was overjoyed when Kerry asked me to do a guest post for her Perfectly Imperfect series, but to be honest, I had a hard time letting go of the fact that this story is not suppose to be perfect. It was very hard not to run these photos through a few Photoshop filters to make them "pop" or look better, so basically what you are getting here is the raw, real deal...


Welcome to my master bedroom!



Right now it is nowhere near finished! My "To-Do" list for this room is never ending, and never started... essentially because I am the only person who sees this room I feel like it can be last on my list.


As you can see, I managed to get one main focal piece up and that was the Ikea photo ledge... which displays cutesy photos of my nephew Jax, one of my digital prints... apparently one empty frame.... and a few other little nick-nacks that have no place in the rest of the house.




Yes, most of the time by bed is covered in clothes and junk as pictured here, and I am missing one nightstand... The light on the floor is not plugged in because it can't reach the plug {"get extension cord" is on the list!}.





My closet is always open, and looks as if clothes are going to explode out of it at any second... You can see my Dresser Project there, I think it turned out pretty good, and does the job by holding the rest of my clothes that simply won't fit in my closet... Heaven forbid a guy ever move in with me, he will literally have no place to put his clothes... or is the basement acceptable?? lol




Although it's not magazine worthy, or even photogenic for that matter, it is perfect for me right now. After all, I have years and years to work on it!

Love that photo ledge Brittany... and I think most of us can relate to you. Don't most bedrooms get pushed to the back burner when it comes to cleaning for guests? Doesn't matter how pretty it can look when it's styled, they always end up a clutter of the things you don't want people to see... so thanks for being brave and sharing with us!

Next week Christine is going to give us a little peek into her family room!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Looks great, Brittany! My bedroom is always exploding with clothes too! My husband and I have been together for over 5 years and he only has inherited one HALF of a drawer in "our" dresser, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the color scheme going on here. And please, I think all of our bedrooms look like this, unless we're styling it for a picture (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see my bedroom isn't the only room that looks like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband only got a closet once we bought a place with two closets! Love this idea for a series!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig