Monday, January 28, 2013

Pretty Paper Choices

Wedding planning is moving along pretty nicely, considering we have less than 7 months left until the big day. One part that I never realized was such an important step was choosing your save the dates and invites. I mean, yes, I've always spent hours drooling over beautiful paper pieces on blogs and Pinterest, but now that it's finally come down to the time to decide what I want, I've been incredibly overwhelmed. I've spent a lot of time pinning different invites and save-the-dates that I love, and it's obvious that I'm undecided on what I want...


InviteInspiration



{1. All The Roads - Wedding Paper Divas} {2. Timeline Save the Date - Bayside Bride} {3. Navy + Gold Foil Calligraphy Invites - Oh So Beautiful Paper} {4. Faux Bois Paper Invites - Tied Bow Inspiration}

I'm sure that any other bride-to-be out there knows how daunting this task can be. You want something that will give your guests a hint of what to expect on the big day, and you want it to be beautiful and a little unique. 

When I arrived at my parents a couple of weeks ago, I just couldn't decide what I wanted to do with my Save-The-Dates (really important at this point in time). I would spend hours looking online and pinning all kinds of gorgeous options. I showed my Mom some I had done by hand and she thought they were beautiful. The more I looked at them, the more I decided that would be the way to go. It was what I had always had my mind set on, and they were a little extra special since I did it by hand. My Mom just scanned them into her computer, sized everything in Corel and we printed it on some gorgeous paper. I smile every time that I look at them, and I think that's the most important part when picking out your stationery. You need to LOVE it!


PicMonkey Collage



{1. Calligraphy Save the Dates - Oh So Beautiful Paper} {2. Rubber Stamp Save the Dates - Oh So Beautiful Paper}


I promise to share them as soon as they are mailed out and I am sure that most of our guests have received them! I can't wait until I can. I love them THAT much!

We were finalizing the Save the Date's on Wednesday afternoon. At that point, I had pretty much decided that I wouldn't find the right inspiration for our invitations before I left. I figured I could keep looking when I came home, my Mom and I could collaborate online and over the phone and we'd finish everything up during my next visit. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled across the PERFECT inspiration. I found the right wording and instantly fell in love with it. From there, the rest of the invite just fell into place. By the time I was packing up the last of our stuff on Wednesday night, we had a mock up of the invite ready for me to bring home and show B, and again, I am in LOVE. As in, I could spend hours just staring at our invites - they are THAT perfect! 

Once again - I will share those once everything has gone out in the mail... still a few more months before that happens though. 

So now I need to ask - what kind of "process" did you have to go through to find the right stationery for your wedding? Did you know all along? Did you hire someone to do it all for you? Or were you as lucky as I was to have a professional in the family to help you out with it? I'd love to hear how you all came up with something that spoke to you for your big day. 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. We didn't use save-the-dates, just made sure we gave people a heads up (especially those who would need to travel). Our very talented friends designed our wedding invites and we screenprinted them ourselves. It was a fun process and I still love the design that our friends came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see them Kerry! I love that they're designed by you, I wish I had that talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tease!!? I can't wait to see what you've come up with! I love the fact that they're hand written, that's so special. When is the big day anyway?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig