Monday, January 21, 2013

A Whitby Must

Happy Monday everyone. We had a pretty great weekend. Swung by the old neighbourhood with my brother and Halle on Saturday afternoon and in the evening Halle and I visited with some friends and watched the Leafs win their first game of the season (GO LEAFS GO!). Yesterday we enjoyed a lunch date with some great ladies and then hung around at home, napping together, and sadly seeing the Patriots lose to the Ravens (Boooo). 

The weekend sure did seem to fly by, and now it's Monday and I'll be heading back to B.C. on Thursday. Though my stay was a full two weeks, I feel like I've been trying really hard to squeeze in everything that I needed and wanted to do while I was here. Of course, one of the things at the very top of that list was popping into the new location for Michael Penney's beautiful shop Penney & Co.


Michael recently moved to a larger location (303 Mary St East in Whitby to be exact), and I'm so glad that he did. As usual, Michael worked his magic, transforming this rather sad looking empty building into a cozy and stylish space. There is so much more room for beautiful furniture and other treasures, and I could spend all day taking my time to look over everything single thing. Take a look at my favourites from my visit...


Penney&Co

I am in love with all of the beautiful Canadian made furniture that he sells, as well as the gorgeous pillows. I wanted to bring home just about every pillow that he had.

Penney&Co

Penney&Co

A perfectly lovely dining room table, and chevron napkins! 

Penney&Co

This set up (above) has me thinking summer! Pretty florals, gorgeous striped totes and all of that beautiful blue glass that I saw during my first visit to his shop back in the summer.

Penney&Co

Penney&Co

Penney&Co

Cake plates are always a win in my books, but I'd love to serve up a tasty treat onto those checked plates as well. How cute are they?

Penney&Co

Penney&Co

The floral pillow above was my favourite in the whole store. It would be perfection in our living room!

Penney&Co

If you aren't that far, and haven't popped in yet, I urge you too! He's always getting beautiful new stock, and that's why I plan on stopping in for another visit before I head back out West. OH, and if you're in the area and thinking of visiting him, why not drop by on January 31st to meet Cobi Ladner! I know I'd be there if I was still in town! Happy Shopping!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've never been, but I always drool over photos of his stores. Everything looks so lovely! Thanks for sharing your visit there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I'll have to stop there sometime on my way to London!! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig