Monday, February 8, 2010

Kitchen Mini-Makeover

So I've been gone a lot longer than I would like. The home computer has been giving us more troubles lately - so I haven't been able to get on consistently, therefore I've pretty much just been avoiding it all together. But here you go - time to catch up and give you a taste of the new mini-makeover that is coming!

You may remember a while ago, I posted about painting the living room, and how badly it made me want to make a change in the kitchen? Well, less than a week after the living room was painted I'd had enough.

Most (if not all) of you have never seen what my kitchen was like when we bought the house. So, I now subject you to the yellow monster that was our kitchen.


Yes, ladies and gentleman, it was a LOT of yellow and don't even get me started on the placement of that fridge! Of course when we bought the house I was able to look past all of it because of the real wood cabinets (potential), the HUGE amount of storage space and of course, the sheer size of the kitchen.

My biggest issue with the colour of the kitchen, was that it was fully visible from the living room via a giant pass through (to the right of the picture - above the dishwasher). Though I do believe that yellow and grey can look fantastic together, this colour combo was just NOT doing it for me. So, only a week after we pulled out the sample cans of paint to test on the living room walls, I got to work on the kitchen. It turned out that the grey we decided not to use in the Living Room, was the perfect colour for our kitchen.

So I spent an entire Sunday painting away in the kitchen, lugging around a huge ladder, knocking those hanging lights all over the place, and blistering my little hands with the paint roller, but in the end it was worth it to say goodbye to that nasty yellow! If I was having better luck with the home computer, I would share an updated photo of the kitchen - but I'll have to leave it here for now. There are a few more projects I need to work on in there to get the kitchen to where I want it to be (until we can afford a real kitchen reno that is) - so I'll wait to share it until I'm a little further along in the "mini makeover" process. I'm looking forward to sharing a pretty fantastic before & after! :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig