Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dream Home - Away in Oia

I'm pretty sure I'm a real estate junkie, along with a design and decor junkie. What's better than sifting through beautiful pictures of homes, whether it's in a magazine, a blog or a real estate website. I have my few real estate sites that I love to peruse every once in a while, which got me thinking - why not share some of these beautiful dream properties with my readers? Whether they are around the corner, or on the other side of the world - I think it's important to keep an eye on what's on the market.

I thought the perfect way to start my weekly property crushing would be with the gorgeous property located in Oia, Santorini (via Sotheby's Realty).


Imagine arriving in Greece and heading to your own private space in Santorini. According to the Sotheby's listing, this 1864 built property is a: "Rare, historic two-story sea captain’s house set atop the caldera cliff in a quiet, central neighborhood of the preservation village of Oia, Santorini. Top of the world views facing to the sea, caldera and volcano from the courtyard, main terrace, rooftop terrace and each room."


Imagine having the opportunity to have these views outside every window and door. I think I could spend a month straight just sitting and staring out at the sea - couldn't you? The best part is - this little escape isn't just about the views. The interior shots are incredible as well. Let's take a look...


I'm loving absolutely EVERYTHING about this bedroom. The curved ceilings and doorway, the striped, beachy canopy over the bed, right down to the little pops of pink in the flowers in the room. The bedroom just seems to scream Greece getaway to me, and I'd love to call it my own.


Love this small kitchen. Once again - gorgeous curved ceilings, and so bright and airy. I'd love to cook a wonderful meal in here, especially knowing I have the options of dining in one of the two spaces pictures below...



My God - I would give up everything to be able to sit in this spot every morning and enjoy this view over breakfast... or lunch... or dinner... or just a drink. Whatever. I could also enjoy just sitting there... staring.



How about THAT bathroom? The shower tucked in behind the two vanities. The tub that you step down into... that looks like a pool, with the way it is lighted. Not to mention, the way the bottom of the tub curves, makes it so appealing to just sink into and soak. Absolute spa feel - which is understandable as the property can also be used as a small hotel, with the spa facilities that it also offers...



If you're not into running your own hotel - then just keep it as your own summer or private residence... and enjoy those views. It's all about the views...




According to the Sotheby's site, the price is available upon request... which makes me think, I don't even want to know. Again - full listing is available right here. Dream Away!

Does this seem like a little feature you might be interested? I'd love to search for fabulous properties in locations requested by readers, or specific types of properties in a certain price range and area. What's the consensus?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love this feature! We are way too alike Kerry! I love searching for listings, but I usually just check out the Toronto area. This new feature will give me some real estate eye candy outside of my usual searching! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! that's all I have to say. Let me pick up my jaw from the floor. those are killer views, and the inside is amazingly comfortable yet elegant and relaxing. The bathroom and the terraces did it for me. Thanks for letting me dream about this fab place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. I love absolutely everything about this place. That eating nook with the incredible view? WOW.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig