Monday, December 5, 2011

A Festive Little Weekend

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend! We packed ours with as many festive activities as we could. Here's what we got up to...


1. On Friday night, I had to do some prep for my baking that needed to be done on Saturday. In particular - I had to crush up whole Oreos, and doing it by hand seemed to work best. Halle wanted to help...


December 2, 2011


2. Then, up went the tree. We were able to get as far as getting it set up and the lights on, and just a few ornaments, before a certain baby needed to get to bed. She must've been exhausted from crushing all of those Oreo's, and helping Daddy with the lights for the tree...


December 2, 2011


3. On Saturday morning, I made some delicious baked french toast for breakfast, and we got a few more ornaments on the tree before bundling up and heading out to the Etobicoke Lakeshore Santa Clause Parade. We ended up leaving before Santa arrived since it was pretty cold and someone was ready for a nap...


December 3, 2011


4. When we got home, we finished decorating our tree! I love it! (I will share pictures on Thursday...promise!)


5. The afternoon was dedicated to whipping up some delicious Peppermint Cream Bites. It was kind of frustrating, and I suggest that if you plan to tackle this recipe - follow your instincts. You'll definitely need more than 2 tbps of butter to make the cookie crust stick!


6. Sunday, Halle and I headed out to my hometown and to a cookie exchange hosted by my cousin. So many yummy cookies to eat and bring home - what's better than that?


December 4, 2011


7. While we were off sampling cookies with family and friends, B and my Dad were back on the home front working away on our bathroom! I can't wait to share more updates with you soon.


8. And I saved this till last since it wasn't actually over the weekend. On Tuesday evening (after Halle's appointment for the first of her four month shots), we took her to see Santa, and this was the result...


November 29, 2011

BIG SMILES - and we love it! I think she could just understand what the photographer was saying... who was raving about what a beautiful baby she was. Yup - we're totally in trouble.

Did you get up to any fun and festive things this weekend?
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Ahhh that picture is so cute!! Oh, and I'm drooling over all those cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you couldn't have asked for a better first photo with santa! so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww! Sucha fun weekend, if that doesn't get you excited for the holidays nothing can... Halle is SO beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo cute! I am glad you had a great weekend! And just so you know, I haven't forgotten about you... I'm actually leaving for Chicago on Wednesday for a last-minute job opportunity, so I have been a basket-case {as you can guess} for the past week trying to prepare for that... soooo we will catch up shortly! Promise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! The pic of Halle with Santa is priceless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an awesome weekend. The picture of Halle with Santa is sooo cute. And she is even smiling. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness....that photo of Halle with Santa is the most precious thing ever- so so so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww halle's so adorable! the santa pic is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Kerry, so adorable! She looks like a perfect little doll! Don't you just love productive weekends? We were busy too and finally got our tree up, wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! My little guy had his Santa pic this weekend too :). Looks like you had a very busy and productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww! I don't think that I've seen such a happy baby on Santa's lap. So cute, and you did so much this weekend...can't wait to see more pictures

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, what a cutie pie! :)
    I'm making cookies as part of our gifts for family and friends this year. Thanks for another recipe to try!
    Can't wait to see your bathroom progress.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i can't believe that santa photo! she's not scared, she's not crying-unbelievable! you are lucky-my poor friend had a really tough time for her baby's first santa photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea of a cookie swap - and Halle's first Santa photo is gorgeous. Also, many thanks for your comments on my little winter coats - I'd love for them to linked to your 'fancy friday' post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig