Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Best of the Best!

Well Christmas is now 2 days past so I thought I would pop in quickly and share with you some of the best gifts that were handed out among our family members this year...


One of my favourites was this Wedgewood Baby's First Christmas Ornament that B and I gave to Halle. She was gifted quite a few ornaments, but I purchased this one back in October when we went to visit B's parents. I hope it is one that is special to her for years to come...

via Wedgewood

What do you get for the person (or couple) who has everything? That's what B and I were stuck on when it came to his parents. In the end, I found the perfect gift after scouring the web. The Smartbox gift card that we purchased for them is perfect. They love having nights away, and now they can use our gift to book one night away at one of the Bed and Breakfasts in the guidebook, located in the Northeast United States!

T354

For my sister-in-law, I ordered her a custom return address stamp from simpleANDpretty on etsy. I picked the style below and then we bought her an ink pad and some pretty stationary to put together a little stationary set for her. It was so fun to do!

via simpleANDpretty

For B, I picked out a couple of lovely things to remind him of home. The Boston ORK poster...

via ork posters

And since he pretty much rules our kitchen (and melted our second cutting board), I ordered him this custom Massachusetts cutting board from AHeirloom, over on Etsy. A little heart resides right around the area of Boston!

via Etsy

Some of my favourites that I received were...

one line a day

My One Line A Day Journal from my cousin. We both started them on Christmas Day together!

 507826-L

B got me the this journal. I already have the book, and the journal come with the checklist of all of the places. Though we have both traveled separately, and seen many of the places - I'd like this checklist to be of all of the places we have seen together. So far we've done 5 of the 1000... we better get on it!

illustrated top shelf teapot illustrated top shelf cake plate

I also got the Kate Spade teapot and cake plate I have been admiring since way back in June - thanks to my parents and my brother and sister-in-law! They were all so good to me!

B's Mom and Dad brought me some gorgeous vintage hankies, from B's grandmother! They are beautiful, and now I just need to decide how to display them.

What were some of your favourite gifts to give and receive?

B's off the remainder of this week and into the new year, and we plan on squeezing in some family time and crossing a few projects off of our to do list. I'll be back in the New Year, hopefully with a ton of bathroom updates and some other fun projects to share! 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Sounds like you've had a great Christmas! I got that same "one line a day journal' last year and started using it when I first got pregnant. It's so awesome to track the little things in life and has been so awesome to mark Alice's milestones! It's on my list now for gifts for moms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pressies! SOnds like you had a great Christmas, all the best for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some beautiful - and thoughtful - gifts given and received amongst your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of it but I think the MA cutting board is my favourite. You're a great gift giver!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Christmas~ what fantastic and thoughtful gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig