Friday, April 1, 2011

Fancy Friday Love

APRIL IS HERE! Hopefully it brings some warmer weather with it. I'm so over freezing temperatures and snow. But really, can you believe that we are already a quarter of the way through 2011!? Mind blowing right? As we bid adieu to March, let's take a look at what beautiful things the last week of the month gave to us...

Autumn made this awesome Anthropologie inspired lampshade... and I think she did an absolutely incredible job. What do you think?...


When I saw this image pop up in my Google Reader on Monday I was immediately smitten... and dreaming of warm summer days by the pool!


I am such a sucker for a creative kid's party, and this Goldilocks and the 3 Bears one, from The Sweetest Occasion, just blew my mind! I'm sure a ton of thought and work went into it, and it looks absolutely incredible...


Earlier this week the sweet Michaela did a great post sharing some beautiful homes in Carmel. The first home she showed totally inspired me to use a bright turquoise when we paint our front door this spring... we'll see if it actually happens though...


I was pretty excited to find the website Sweet Potato Chronicles the other week and sign up for their online mailing list.



They have some pretty great kid friendly recipes (yup... I'm looking already. Makes sense with all of the other little ones we have in our life), so it's worth a look for all the Mom's out there. The best part, was when I received an email from a member of their team early this week letting me know I'd won a $50 giftcard to Gap Kids! (It was a contest they were running for people who signed up for the mailing list) I can't wait to go shopping!

A perfect addition to our nursery?... Maybe?


I almost spit out my afternoon banana (Baby loves banana's) when I saw this incredible Globe Pendant that Carissa DIY'd... girl's got TALENT! (Check out her how-to on the project here)


Mid-week I read this great post on A Delightful Design on setting prices as a designer or decorator. I found it really interesting and insightful, and thought I'd share the link with you. It's definitely something that has crossed my mind as I continue on in my interior decorating program (I start the business course this fall).

We're not huge on "season" decor at our house (with the exception of Christmas... and I do like to bring a little fall inside as well I guess). However, I thought that this paint chip easter egg garland was too cute to not share!


What are your plans for this first weekend of April my dears? Tonight I plan on taking it easy, working on a few small things at home and my final project for school. Tomorrow I'm headed off to the One of a Kind Show... solo. Anyone want to be my date? If you're planning a weekend trip there, or just plan can't make it, you can check out some great write ups from fellow Toronto bloggers Lindsay, Shannon, Staci and Jen. I'll make sure to come back next week and share some of my favorites as well! I'm also visiting a friend in her new place, located super close to the CNE grounds... thankfully they're calling for a nice weekend since I have a good deal of walking ahead of me! Happy Friday friends! :)
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. That garland is adorable! How did I miss that one:) Great roundup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun at the one of a kind show! sounds fun. i love this post--and everything in it! that party is insane fab--and the peanut sign is adorable~ happy fri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo! I love everything, Kerry, and am imagining myself sitting beside that gorgeous pool right now! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for featuring my pendant! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that 2nd picture is so beautiful! lovely greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that paint chip garland for Easter! Such a clever idea. And I too loved all of those homes Michaela shared :) The turquiose door is such a sweet touch. When are you due pretty lady?! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOhh...I love all of these ideas! = ) I'm so glad you posted them. I can always use more inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig