Thursday, January 21, 2010

Project Floor Plans

I should start off by saying, B is the most wonderful and patient man I have ever met. The things that he is willing to do for me, blow my mind sometimes - especially when it comes to our home renos. I'm so particular about everything and he really listens and discusses with me, which I completely appreciate. So, as we finish up our shopping for our renos (so we can include them as part of the HRTC), we need to really think about floor plans and measurements.

Well, I guess that today B wasn't doing much at work and wanted to be productive on our home projects. This resulted in me receiving an email that contained the following three floor plans, a la Microsoft Paint. 


This is the first one I received and it made me smile. "How will we fit the wall sconces by the mirror?... and what is that black dot behind the toilet??". Clearly, Paint is nobody's weapon of choice when it comes to designing a layout - but this one just made me smile.

His paint floorplan skills obviously increased with a second attempt. This one I liked... especially his drawing of his drum set in the top right hand corner... and of course the inclusion of the Domed Hockey Table (which I love of course....)




The last one was a wonderful floor plan (with door options and landscaping!) of our brand new front entrance that we plan to build come spring! Probably one of the projects I look forward to the most. Not only will it keep the house warmer in the cold months, I know it will drastically improve our curb appeal!

None of these are by any means the final floor plan of any of our upcoming projects. But I thought they would be fun to share, and give my readers some context regarding the layout of the basement (our current undertaking). I already know what I would change to these floor plans - but those will be part of later discussions.

So what do you think of B's paint floor plan skills?
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Impressed with all the renovations. Nice use of space in floor plan!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig