Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Little "Me" Space

I've been talking a lot recently about our basement laundry room reno. One thing I haven't talked about is that this room will be much more than a laundry room (as many of you may have guessed based on the size of the room). Earlier this morning I tweeted about a new idea I have. It's something I've been thinking over for a while, and I'm now ready to move forward with it! This room will be integral to this idea/project. What is it you ask? Well - that I can't share right now, but I can at least let you in on what the other half of this room will provide me.

Our laundry room plan didn't start off with such a large space, but the more B and I talked about it... the bigger it seemed to grow. We ended up taking away some space from the width of the old bathroom (but added some on in length) to make a larger space for the laundry room. Why? Well - the main section you've been watching the progress on, will actually be a small office/craft space for moi! A place where I can let my creativity abound!

Because it's so small (especially height-wise), I've been looking for small office space inspiration photos that will help me come up with some excellent storage solutions.



I seriously love the above room found in the Basement Gallery on the Canadian House & Home website. Especially when I found the storage portion of it...



Look at all that storage space!! Exactly what I need! What's even better is that this room looks about the same size as ours - I mean, the ceilings may even be a bit lower in the pictured room! Which means - this could totally work in our little basement! JOY!



I'm sure most of you have stumbled across this beauty from homelife.com.au. What's most appealing here to me is the organizational pieces used around the desk. For what I have in mind, I'll have to have a lot of organization going on. Specific pieces from here I plan on using? Magazine holders and an idea board - both of which are mini projects I am sure I will feature on this blog at some point!




This one, also from Canadian House & Home, I was drawn to because it's such a small space that is so neat and so organized. I think that all three of these combined could turn my new little basement room into the perfect laundry/office/craft space!

However, still lots of work ahead before we start building and adding furniture - but I think my vision of what I want is finally starting to come together. I'll probably be a little lighter on the basement updates over the next little while as we pull together finishing touches - but I can't wait to share the final reveal (whenever we get there!)
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I'm sooo jealous. Love those inspiration pics from H&H, especially the first one. Have you seen Just Beachy's craft room reno on her blog? Its a bit more rustic than your vision but still has great ideas for a small space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Wanderluster - I know - isn't that first one just wonderful? I can't get it out of my head, I have a feeling my final room will look something close to that!
    I haven't seen Just Beachy's reno - I'll be sure to check it out though! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little nook from Canadian House & Home. I would love to have a little space like that for blogging and crafting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig