Sunday, October 18, 2009

Out Bathroom Vanity Weekend Adventure

So... it's Sunday afternoon (2:30 to be exact) and I'm feeling that I was a little over ambitious about our bathroom vanity project this weekend. I mean, we've been pretty productive... but I can guarantee we won't be using our upstairs bathroom to brush our teeth or wash our faces tonight or tomorrow!

Thursday evening I sanded and primed our medicine cabinet to begin the whole process, but left our vanity in place as I wanted to be able to get ready for work upstairs on Friday rather than have to venture all the way down to the basement early in the morning. So, Friday evening I got the first coat of white on the inside of our medicine cabinet (B wasn't able to pick up our mirror yet...). We emptied the vanity drawers, got the sink out and moved the vanity out to the garage where we started the process of stripping it. Aside from the drawers, stripping it is definitely what took the longest! Our vanity wasn't completely stripped until early yesterday evening!

Yesterday was less productive than we liked as we were out picking out pumpkins in the morning. On the way there we stopped by a different ReStore than we tried earlier in the week and lucked out. We found the perfect white sink for only $20! They also had some great paintbrushes there for $2 each so we grabbed 4 - we can never have enough paint brushes around here!!

This morning I had other plans, but B was nice enough to fill all the holes and burn marks in the vanity (seriously... it was so rough) and get it primed. I got home around 1:30 and finished priming our drawers. We have something else to do this afternoon and won't be home until after dinner I am sure. Tonight I hope to get the first coat of white on, and hope that by Tuesday or Wednesday I can share the big reveal with everyone!

At this point, I realize that the "before" pictures of my vanity were a little too small in my last post. So I will share them again. Take a peak, and I hope to be sharing our new bathroom vanity with you all very soon!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig