Monday, October 15, 2012

Family Time

Things are been very quiet around here. There are more than a couple reason's for that. Largely, I have been so focused on my newest project, I haven't really been doing much around here that is worth posting about. I don't feel the need to share every little mundane thing we do around here - I want this space to be inspiring, not boring. I hope that I can bring some inspiration back to these parts soon.

Second - I've been really focusing on our family. Therefore, when I am home during the days I am cleaning, running errands and getting stuff done so that when B is home in the evening and on the weekend we can spend more time together as a family and not worry about that other stuff. Of course, when I'm not doing all of those things, I am spending time playing and exploring with Halle. We enjoy just doing stuff at home or getting our for a walk or exploring together. This age is so fun with her and I just want to soak it up.

While I am on the topic of family and time together, I may as well share this. Last fall, B and I agreed we would like to get family photos done every year - a way to watch us grow as a family and keep some updated photos of all of us around. Of course, when we moved we lost the services of my favourite photographer who did Halle's newborn, 7 month and 1 year photos. However, I was excited to discover Kim James, a lovely lady located not too far from us who has incredible talent. After seeing what she could do, I booked a family photo session with her and our sneak peek of photos blew me away. Here's a little look at us...


October 6, 2012

October 6, 2012

October 6, 2012

October 6, 2012

October 6, 2012

Kim is one talented lady, and was a pleasure to spend some time with. The whole session was very laid back, and she was so wonderful and patient with Halle, who really very little patience for the shoot.. 

Really, it's so great to find a photographer out here that we love, and that I would recommend to other people. So yes! I 100% recommend Kim and her lovely work. To see more of the beautiful photos that she takes, you can check out her website right here.

So there you have it. Life is so full, and I am so happy with everything that we have at the moment... which will leave huge gaps in my posting, but I promise to stick around. You'll hear from me when I have something worth sharing... I'm not going away. Just enjoying my family.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Awe, you and your family are so cute, Kerry! You are prioritizing perfectly! Your photos are really great, and will be such a keepsake of this precious time with Halle at this age... I'll be checking back, because I'm dying to see that chair redo ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet family pictures! Keep enjoying that family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't apologize for not posting! I chatted with a lot of bloggers at Blend who preferred blogs who didn't post everyday - it's more relatable and exciting when there is a post! It's quality vs. quantity and family always comes before blogging!

    Speaking of family, I am in love with these shots! You have such a sweet family. Hopefully we can introduce our girls some day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Christine! No need to apologize for putting your computer away and spending time with family. I've been pretty quiet myself, working on some extra projects, escaping the city to visit my wonderful family and getting some equilibrium after the the business of travelling. ;)
    You're family is absolutely beautiful. Kim captured you guys so well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are awesome! It's totally understandable that you want to spend more time with family, no need to apologize! Loyal readers will always be loyal no matter how often you update. Really want to know what you're currently working on! Can you give us a sneak peek? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are fabulous photos! family time is the best time, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig