Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Weekend at IDSWest & Blend

Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope that October has started off wonderfully for you. I meant to share this post yesterday, but things have just been nuts around here. 

I had a great weekend attending IDSWest and meeting a ton of fabulous, talented bloggers at Blend2012. It started on Saturday morning. After dropping my parents off at the airport, B dropped me off at St. Regis Hotel downtown, and I met up with Christine, Amy and Sara. I clicked with these three lovely ladies immediately and loved spending the afternoon with them. 


576af5380b0d11e286a922000a1c028a_7

We strolled down to the Convention Centre, had something to eat and then headed in to catch Tommy's talk at 1pm. 



6de2eb020a7911e2b4d31231380fddd1_7


He gave a great talk on making the most of small spaces, and even though our new home is much larger than our Toronto home, it still gave me a lot to think about when it comes to decorating. Afterwards, we strolled the floor checking out all of the beautiful booths. So much gorgeousness to admire - especially the Aya Kitchens booth (I'm sure you've all seen this kitchen around the blog world over  the last few days).


IMG_9794

PicMonkey Collage

IMG_9801

IMG_9802

IMG_9803

Trust me, I left that home wishing I could renovate... not just decorate. Especially after seeing some of those kitchens! Gorgeous! 

After our strolling, we made our way back to the hotel to rest up and get ready for our nights. For me, that meant popping into Starbucks before hanging out with Rosa and Michelle in their room for a chat, before finally getting prettied up. I had so much fun meeting so many new friends and bloggers at Blend, that I took no photos... except for one of Christine after she won her lovely Delta faucet - lucky girl!

7e3782d20aac11e2a7d622000a1d0360_7

She wasn't the only lucky lady though! I was pretty excited to take home this fabulous wall decal from Danielle's business Urban Walls. Since I don't know how long we'll be staying, I plan to find something a little more permanent that I can put it on and then take it with us when we move. 

7d0e330233b20314f57369c8f51459b7.1280.1280


I must say, Barbara, Victoria, Nancy and Karla did such an incredible job planning the evening for us. The venue was beautiful and the food was delicious! A huge thanks to IKEA for sponsoring our evening - it was so appreciated by all of us! I can't wait for a chance to hang out with all of these talented ladies again! 

What did you get up to this weekend?
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Aw, what a wonderful re-cap Kerry!
    It was such a pleasure meeting you this weekend. I loved spending Saturday chilling with you, Sara and Christine. You Ladies are just the coolest and sweetest ever. Can't wait to do this again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had fun. I sadly did not have time to take a great look at the IDS West venue this year. Saw the Aya Kitchen booth and that was it! G;ad you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recap, Kerry! The weekend was amazing, and my only wish for more would be to figure out how to spend more time with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great play by play of the weekend. I second Sheila's wish for more time to spend with everyone. So nice spending some time with you and getting to know you a bit better. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! It looks like there was a whole lot of pretty at IDS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! I had so much fun hanging out on Saturday! So happy to FINALLY meet you, Kerry. It was such a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! That blue couch and the open-framed rope art is spectacular!! Love the textile photo too! COLORS draw me in! Great meeting you and yes, looking forward to the girlie playdate! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the latest cars on the market, the Buick Encore is named rightly considering the appreciation that it
    has been receiving from potential buyers. The interior of Buick Encore is finely
    crafted and is packed with gadgets that are any tech-savvy driver.
    On dry pavement, one-hundred per cent of the power goes to the front wheels,
    but it can send all the power to the rear wheels if necessary.


    My website: The 2014 Buick Encore

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig