Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fabulous Fall Finds

We're halfway through August, which normally would mean that I'd be itching for fall to arrive. However, since summer was late to arrive on the west coast, I would happy to soak up the summer sun a little longer than usual. Regardless of how I feel, autumn is well on it's way, which means that fashion and accessories for the new season are quickly filling up stores and that always makes the changing seasons easier. As I've been scoping out what different stores have on offer for the fall season, I was particularly struck by some great finds over at Indigo (of course). Here's what I would love to add to my own shopping bag:


PicMonkey Collage

1) Antique Burgundy Tapered Vase - $14.50: Who doesn't love have an abundance of little vases laying around for accessorizing your shelves, or displaying pretty blooms? In my books, you can never have too many vases and this price point makes this one perfect. The colour is great for every season, and I'd love to see it on a guest room nightstand, along with the other great finds I've included here.

2) Bird Alarm Clock - $54.40: At first glance this birdie doesn't look like much, but if you take a peek on the back you'll realize it's a functional alarm clock. Not only is the clock sleek and small, but it wakes you to the sound of song birds. Great for everyday, or a special treat for guests stopping by!

3) Sweater-Weave Basket - $39.50: I love the look of a chunk weave basket, and how the texture can really warm up a space. Add this basket with some fluffy blankets to any room for instant coziness!

4) Moss Stitch Throw - Ivory - $65.00: Much like vases, you can never have too many fluffy warm throws. Add them to your couch, in a basket, the back of a chair or a basket. You'll love it, and guests will always appreciate a cozy blanket to wrap themselves in.

5) The Perfect Vase with White Crackle Finish - $34.50: It's a vase, and it's white and the shape adds a bit more interest than your basic round vase - what's not too love. Just imagine it full of some gorgeous tulips, peonies or hydrangeas.

6) Gorgeous Cabbage Rose Pillow - $59.50: One thing I really love about Indigo's pillows, is they come with their insert. Perfect! Recently I'm big into vintage looking florals, making this pillow right up my alley. The pink, green and gold in this cover are so versatile and can be used most seasons.

Autumn also calls for long lazy mornings of lingering over breakfast, and enjoying the company of family and friends. Instead of the usual dinner party, why not round up your favourite people for a warm autumn brunch?

PicMonkey Collage

1) Maple Syrup - $12.00: What's a warm comforting breakfast without Maple Syrup? Want to really please your guests, warm it up and put it in a pretty pitcher to ensure everyone's pancakes or waffles stay nice and warm.

2) Rustic Mug - Dijon - $16.00: Nothing says fall like this warm mustard tone. It's one of my favourite colours and makes me think of the Mum's that you see everyone in this cooler season. Just add your hot drink of choice.

3) Stasis Raspberry Preserve - $10.00: Autumn just screams for yummy canned fruits and veggies, and nothing is better (in my opinion) than a delicious raspberry preserve. Put some out in a pretty ramekin for your guests to add to toast, pancakes or waffles.

4) Retro Milk Bottle - Large - $32.50: I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that the way's in which we all purchase milk these days are far from attractive. Want to impress your guests? Put your milk, or creamer in this pretty vintage inspired bottle and instantly pretty up your table setting. 

5) Pumpkin Spice Pancake and Waffle Mix - $11.00: Nothing says fall quite like some pumpkin spice! (I'm sure many of you instantly thought of that ever popular Starbucks drink). B may not be a fan of pumpkin flavouring, but I for one and longing for all of those delicious pumpkin flavoured goodies, and I would be more than happy to add this mix to our breakfast arsenal. 

After browsing through Indigo's site, I am so ready for fall, and I'm also itching to put together a fantastic brunch party with guests. Are you in fall mode yet? Any stores that have you lusting at new decor for the coming season? 

*I was in no way compensated by Indigo for this post. I simply visited their website and fell in love with each and every one of these items.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. We adore Chapters....its one of the most relaxing place ever with tons of things to look at while sipping on a starbucks! Fall is our favorite time of the year as well.....these product round ups are fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig