Thursday, July 21, 2011

My First Handy Man!

Nope - not B... my first ever handy man - My Dad! You may remember last month when I posted about the wonderful bookshelves that my Dad constructed for Peanut's nursery.

Baby Bookshelves

Well, that post stuck with one of my blogging girls here in Toronto, and not too long after that was posted, my Dad got an email from her. She was looking to hire him for a project of her own... a 10 foot outdoor table for her backyard. Shannon from 8 foot 6, has a major backyard makeover going on (which is gorgeous!) and I was so thrilled when I saw the finished photos of the solid cedar table and benches that he made for her...

via 8 foot 6

via 8 foot 6

via 8 foot 6

via 8 foot 6

via 8 foot 6

... B and I are wondering why we've never asked for a beautiful table? Then again, it's probably because we have him waiting onside to build us a custom vanity for the bathroom when that reno begins in the late summer/early fall... and some custom kitchen cabinets in the future. 

Thanks Shannon for sharing these photos (I never would've seen that gorgeous table otherwise). If you're in the GTA and would like to hire him for a custom project - he is available. You can always email me or him directly! 

I feel pretty lucky to have him not only as a Handy Man, but as my Dad... and Grandfather to my daughter (who will at some point have to join the real world... right?)...
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. wonderful! Aren't Dad's the best. You must be proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo, I love that table! So dramatic. Man, you've got some talent in that family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! the table and benches look amazing. Kudos to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Dad did an amazing job onthe table and benches -- they look SO GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went out of town for the weekend, and just got back...and I sat down in the kitchen and saw the table again for the first time and I LOVE IT!

    Best referral ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this. dad's are the best handy men. so glad I came across your blog. I'm following, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 3 months ago after graduating from college in the south and moving across the country to LA. The site's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I'd love if if you'd stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Any support would be awesome. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto for me on the table! Very nice! As far as dads go, I'd say this one is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig