Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekend Recap (aka Basement Progress)

As of Saturday morning, B and I were officially on holiday (we both took this week off of work). We'll be throwing an open house party on the 17th to celebrate the one year anniversary of getting the keys to our first home, and we can't wait to share all of our hard work with our family and friends. And what hard work it has been. I believe that after this weekend, I am still sleeping as I write this. I think rather than rambling on, I'll share our progress through photos...



Saturday we got up and it was time to start prepping the bathroom floor for tile...


Harley believed it was his responsibility to oversee the work being done...


Our flooring went in... and was a bit of a headache... and is still a bit of a headache. Promise me, if you put in mosaic flooring that you hire a pro... we're kind of wishing we did.

B had also poured the concrete slab for the shower bench, and we got into place very early this morning (oh say... 3am-ish). So this is where the bathroom is right about now (sneak peak of my bold colour choice...)




I still remember when this was just a giant, muddy hole!

Bathroom aside, we also had a lot to accomplish in the living area. After getting all of the painting completed last week, we were ready to prep the floor (scrap uneven areas and fill holes in the concrete) and get our laminate down.

This is what we started with....


Harley had to help B lay down the under pad of course....



After some late nights... the basement was looking like this around 3:30 this morning...



So that's where we are... with quite a bit left to do, but we're feeling accomplished and pretty proud of what we've done. Of course, we never would've been there if my fantastic father didn't come by on Saturday to help with the tile. It was a headache, like I said, but he made it a million times more bearable! He's the best!

We work hard... but we play hard also. We got some great seats to the Blue Jays and Red Sox game yesterday. It was a gorgeous sunny day, and we enjoyed a great game (only scoring runs were home runs) and lots of beer. I also had the chance to meet up with an old friend from Ottawa who I haven't seen in a few years in between innings (thank god for facebook haha). 



Hope you all had a great weekend as well... and keep your eyes out for more basement progress! Back to work I go!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. looking good! love the mosaic tile and can't wait to see where you go with that green!!!

    Sure it will be stylish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the mosaic was a pain. I am only hoping normal kitchen tile we can handle! Sunday we took in the Astros v Cardinals game, we lost (boo!) but we had a great time as well. Can't wait to see your finished bathroom. Loving that green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks GREAT!! Love the tile work - you must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Honey. It looks wonderful! I am so proud of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so much hard work has gone into the renos and it shows! Wait until I show you the green we chose for our dining room walls!(and it was only $5.00/for the gallon of "oops" paint.) Go green!!
    Congratulations on getting so much done in such a short time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you guys! This is amazing. Can't wait to see the finished project(s). I'm impressed. We're having a BBQ/open house to celebrate 1 year too the weekend after yours. We're only taking on small projects though......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the herringbone tile on the bathroom floor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The floor tile is amazing!!! I must have it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, it is really coming together! The herringbone floors are amazing! And thanks for commenting on the blog today. If you do decide to take those classes, let me know because I'm looking to take them too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much everyone for your wonderful comments! It means a lot to both of us after all of the work we've put into the basement! We're really happy with how it's coming along.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig