Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Mom Cave - A Painted Desk

Well, we are slowly making progress in my office. We dropped the area rug off on Saturday to get cut, and it only cost us $28! I had been quoted $3.00 a linear foot (via email). When we went into the store and the associate looked at our area rug he mentioned because we have surged binding on the edges of the rug that it's actually closer to $5.00 a linear foot. We told him normal binding was fine - why would we do that? We can place that edge on the far side of the room, where more than likely it will be under other furniture. No one will ever see it and for us, it's totally worth the savings. We should have the rug back next week - I can't wait!

This weekend really gave us a chance to make some progress on the desk as well. I started painting Friday night, and then on Sunday I got a lot done. I finished the second coat on the first base (which I started on Friday night) and then got the first coat on the next two. The whole painting process on Sunday took me well over 3 hours, but it was so worth it!


June 30, 2013
The base in the back has one coat on it... and both are sitting on top of some materials for the next building project has planned!
June 30, 2013

June 30, 2013
This is the base that had both coats done. It was a fast drying day with how hot it was
June 30, 2013

On Monday while Halle napped B did some of the painting. He finished the last coats on the two bases that needed it, and then began to paint the top for me. 

July 2, 2013

July 2, 2013

July 2, 2013

July 2, 2013


We plan to put it into my office once it's all painted, without the top secured so that once my area rug comes back next week we can get it into place no problem. 

We still need to get the window covering's back up, and my latest nap time project has been  a DIY light fixture that I hope turns out the way I am envisioning it. Fingers crossed. 

So things are moving along nicely for my office. More than anything I just can't wait to unpack all of the boxes marked "OFFICE", get my room in order. 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. That desk is going to be amazing! Yay for progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, that desk is awesome! Totally love it!! Can't wait to see it in the space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! I love the base of the desk so pretty!! Can't wait to see your rug all cut down to size in your space! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really great Kerry! Your office is going to be so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig