Wednesday, September 19, 2012

More of our Travels


As my lack of blogging would indicate, we have been extremely busy travelling around here and sight seeing with many of our guests. Most recently, we had some friends visit from back home, along with my older brother. We saw a ton of great places, and even visited a couple of places we had never been before! Here is a quick post on some of what we did...

On the 8th we took a trip back to Victoria for the day. We spent it with a couple of our friends who were visiting from Toronto, and we were able to do a few things we didn't the first time we were there.


September 8, 2012
{It was beautiful morning for the ferry ride over}

September 8, 2012

September 8, 2012
{Enjoying breakfast at a tea house. Halle has really taken to stirring... all the time}

September 8, 2012
{She made friends with one of the horses waiting on the side of the road}

PicMonkey Collage
{she also enjoyed a trip to the playground in Beacon Hill Park}

September 8, 2012
{She also made friends with the stray peacocks in the Park}

September 8, 2012
{Cuddling up with Daddy on the ferry ride back home}

My brother arrived the day after our trip to Victoria. We spent that day doing a lot of stuff we had already done. Brunch at Granville Island followed by a stroll, and then a trip to Steveston where we wandered for a bit and picked up a couple fish for dinners. On the 11th, we decided to head south of the border. So my brother, Halle and I packed into the car and headed down to Seattle. It was my first real trip there as well, and we had a great time. 

PicMonkey Collage

We arrived so late, due to traffic at the border, that we almost missed the food trucks outside of the Starbucks Headquarters. Thankfully, we were each able to get a delicious crepe and shared a dark chocolate shake! Halle enjoyed the shake as well. When we wrapped up there, we headed over to Pike Place market where we enjoyed strolling at a leisurely pace (it wasn't as busy as I expected - probably because it was a week day in September).

September 11, 2012

September 11, 2012

September 11, 2012

September 11, 2012

September 11, 2012

September 11, 2012

September 11, 2012

It was a really great day trip. We didn't get to see a ton, but we enjoyed wandering around and eating some delicious food. It was the perfect way for me to get a glimpse of the city, and I can't wait to go back again with both B and Halle! 

Another new spot was Lynn Canyon. A lot of people who visit head to Capilano suspension bridge, which is expensive. Lynn Canyon is free, and we enjoyed a really nice hike around the area afterwards.

September 14, 2012
{I conquered my fear of heights... and suspension bridges and crossed}

September 14, 2012

September 14, 2012

September 14, 2012

September 14, 2012


I took a ton of photos on this hike... but there are really only so many photos of trees that I can show you before you get bored.

We did a few more things before he flew home on Saturday, but I'll save those for another post. My parents arrive on Friday, and we'll be visiting a few new places as well! I can't wait to see them and share some of the photos from those adventures with you as well!!

It's been a whirlwind, but I'm still trying to finish up my chair and cozy up this space a little more. Watch for some of that next week as well.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You have a revolving door! How fun though, I love visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really fun and adventurous trip! These photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig