Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Blogger Afternoon Out

Yesterday Halle and I packed up and headed to Liberty Village to meet up with Brittany and pay a visit to westelm. It was so great to get a chance to finally meet Brittany, and we had a lot of fun. We started off at Starbucks, grabbing something to drink and chatting a bit... while Halle greeted everyone who walked in with a squeal and the odd wave.


via pinterest
{via pinterest}


We then strolled over westelm to check things out. Let's be honest though, from the moment we walked in the door, I probably could have bought every single thing we walked past. Slowly but surely, we made our way to the back where all of the bathroom goodness was. Let me just add that I would gladly outfit our new bathroom totally with accessories from westelm if I could. In particular, I'm looking to add a punch of colour to the bathroom through accessories - here are my favourites...


via westelm

The Gallery Stripe Shower Curtain in Citron is perfect! Even B likes it, and Brittany and I agreed it would be a nice way to help the bathroom colour scheme flow with some of the other rooms in our home. I'm definitely glad that I saw it in person before I saw it online though - the pictures do not do this curtain justice at all. 

stripe-hand-towels1

The Hammam Stripe Hand towels are divine. The quality is great and I would love to add some in citron and plaster to our bathroom. These aren't an immediate need though... so we can wait a bit before we jump on the hand towel wagon.

img6o

I'd take a Modern Stripe Tumbler in either colour... or maybe one of each! I'll take the yellow and B can have gray (sadly the yellow is on backorder at the moment). 

img44b

To break up all of the stripes, I'd choose the Pleated Stripe Bath Mat in Slate. I also love the texture of it, and the dark colour. B and I both agree we are not a fan of white bath mats anymore, so this would be perfect for us!

That's not it though. There were so many more items in store I would've loved to take home, but at the end of the day, I only left with this... for Halle...

384192_0_3-8437-modern-holiday-decorations

It was on sale for $0.97 - the perfect piece to add for future Christmas traditions with her! I love it, and the price made it a no brainer. 

Have you been on any fun shopping outtings recently? Maybe you've picked up a new piece for your home that you're excited about? I always love hearing about people's favourite shopping spots and good finds!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. lovely...especially the cookies for Santa

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh so cute love the plate! I'll have to pop in my West elm and see if they have any cookie plates left :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, talk about a great afternoon - blogger coffee dates, west elm, AND spotting Sarah and Tommy!??

    I love, love, love those picks for your bathroom - the shower curtain is really nice! My sister in law lives right next door to west elm, it's my fave place to visit when I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love West Elm! They have such great stuff!!

    From Brooklyn with love,

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that's what i call an awesome afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those striped toothbrush holders!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! love that you saw them shopping and for THAT episode!! bring on the new season!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the citron and grey, perfect for a bathroom. Lovely, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm obsessed with stripes right now, so I love the shower curtain and tumblers! So jealous that you have a West Elm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that cookie plate! How perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun meet up--sure wish we had a west elm! loving those striped towels and what a fun plate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was in West Elm for the 1st time in October, and yes I too could buy one of everything in there. So fun you had a meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is fun to get together with local bloggers! Lucky you to meet Brittany - she is such a sweet gal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig