Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Nursery Week - A New Light and Shelving

Yesterday, as part of "Nursery Week" on the blog, I didn't share much in the way of projects, but more along the lines of little treasures that we brought home for our little girl over the weekend. Though they will all contribute to the room, today I want to get back to sharing some more projects we've worked on to pull together her nursery.


For one, we seriously needed to get on replacing the light fixture that previously resided in the room. I'd been dying to replace it for ages (as I am with most of the light fixtures in our home), and was thrilled when we scored a cute piece at a garage sale for $2! So, the other weekend when we hung the Peanut's mobile, B also got to work taking down the old light fixture...


Old Light


If you look closely, you can see that it didn't even sit flush to our ceiling. It annoyed me to no end, so I was beyond joyed to see it go! 


Old LightOld Light

This past weekend, one of B's projects was to get the new light fixture up. By early Sunday afternoon, it was hung!

Nursery Lighting

This photo doesn't even begin to do the light fixture justice. It has beautiful pearlized glass that looks fabulous up close - especially when the light is on. It seems brighter in the room than the old light, as it is able to reflect off the ceiling. We also have it on a dimmer, so I'll be able to keep the lights very low during night time feedings. I think it's perfect for this little nursery!

Even better, on Friday night we continued getting more on the walls... or should I say, B did. I was far too exhausted and was passed out by about 8:30pm. I woke up on Saturday morning to this lovely sight...

Nursery Shelves

B added some shelving and I got to work adding some lovely accessories, including those two teddy bears that were gifted to me by my Mom quite some time ago. Let's take a closer look at what I've done to accessorize...

Nursery Shelves

Nursery ShelvesNursery Shelves

Yup, those are my Dad's baby shoes placed a top the first 12 of my Beatrix Potter books... and next to a photo of my Nana that my Aunt gave to me when she gifted me my Dad's booties. Oh, and see that pretty turquoise box with the brown bow? It holds Peanut's pacifiers at the moment - let's take a closer look at it...

Nursery Shelves

She's already a Kate Spade girl, just like her Mommy! That is the box that my ring (that B gave to me at baby shower) came in - as soon as I saw it, I knew we had to use it in our little girls room.

Another couple small projects, but they have definitely really helped to make the room feel more complete. B's been working so hard on her little space, I really could never thank him enough for all of the hard work he's put in, especially recently as I find myself getting more and more exhausted again.

Have you worked on any small projects recently that have had a really big impact around your home? 
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. That new light fixture looks great in the room! You're so lucky you snagged it at a garage sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that new light fixture- just so sweet and the room is looking just perfect! I love seeing it all unfold and can't wait to hear the big news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything. Sooo cute! The bear is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find! That light fixture is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the light, love the curtains, love the colour scheme. It's looking really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great!! Looove that light!

    www.justatouchofgray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good!! We got rid of those horrid "boob" lights in our house recently too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. everything is coming along so nicely... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's is really coming together - I love it! The new light fixture looks awesome (especially cause it was $2)!

    Does 'B' stand for the name of new baby girl or is that just a reminder of her daddy??

    ReplyDelete
  10. The light fixutre looks nice and I love the shevles :) I'm working on a little mobile project right now for my sons nursery, I hope it will be done in the net day or so

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the new light fixture! And those floating shelves are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO jealous of that light! The room looks so lovely, fresh and bright. hat a lucky little peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!! The nursery looks great. I love the light fixture, great idea to put it on a dimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is one adorable room, and the light is perfect in there! What a score.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Down with boob lights! I love the character the new light adds to the room. I'm really digging the curtains too. What a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That light fixture is amazing! What a steal...and B did such a great job with the room. Your curtains look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The light fixture is perfect, everything looks so fantastic:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the light fixture! The room is coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eeeek! The light fixture and the curtains are stunning, Kerry :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig