Thursday, October 10, 2013

What's New At West Elm

I love any chance I can get to head out and browse stores to see what's new - especially at this time of year when all of the holiday items are hitting the shelves. So, when West Elm in Vancouver invited me in for a store tour, I just couldn't resist. On Tuesday evening, I dropped into the store on Granville Street and was so excited by everything that I saw.

West Elm has just released three new lines at their store; the Heritage Collection (my favourite), the Snow Drift Collection, and the Enchanted Forest Collection. Each of them offered something that I really loved, and some really great options for Holiday decorating, entertaining and gift giving.

The Heritage Collection

Since returning from Scotland B and I have been craving richer, deeper colours, and more textures and natural elements in our home. The Heritage Collection is delivering all of that right now. More than anything, I really wanted to snap up some of these gorgeous plates and the serving platter that came about from a collaboration with New York based Shanna Murray - aren't they lovely? I want all of them on my Thanksgiving table this weekend!


Shanna Murray at West Elm

Shanna Murray at West ElmShanna Murray at West Elm

The Heritage collection is just bringing a whole lot to love - like the gorgeous throws that are made in Michigan, and the fun plates with the dapper little animals on them! Great for entertaining or to pack up as a gift for your holiday hosts! 


IWest Elm Heritage CollectionMG_3518

West Elm Heritage Collection

West Elm Heritage Collection

I also fell in love with the Dekalb Premium Leather Sofa (pictured in the front of the photo above). It's so squishy and buttery soft, and really wants to come and live at our house! Perfect for a family with a little one and two dogs - easy to clean and still family friendly! 

The Snow Drift Collection

Looking for a bit more giltz and shimmer this holiday season!? Then you will love to shop the Snow Drift collection. With some beautiful shimmery knitted throws and pillows (in both silver and gold), and lots and lots of mercury glass this line is so much fun! 


West Elm Snow Drift Collection

West Elm Snow Drift CollectionWest Elm Snow Drift Collection

It's all warmed up with some natural textures and some cozy soft faux fur throws - similar to that gorgeous white pillow on the sofa above.

I'd love to add some of that mercury glass to my own collection! They would look fantastic grouped on our mantel, or even in the centre of the dining table. Always great for Christmas, but perfect for Thanksgiving too! Something like this pretty collection of mercury glass and pumpkins, over on Villa Vanilla, would be lovely as a centrepiece for this weekend!


mercury glass thanksgiving

The Enchanted Forest Collection

The bright punchy colours of the Enchanted Forest Collection are so much fun. They are fresh and vibrant, but those greens and golds could really work for all seasons!  


Enchanted Forest West Elm

Enchanted Forest West Elm

Those velvety pillows are gorgeous, and I think they would really warm up that pretty leather couch - don't you agree?

I didn't get a chance to grab any photos, but the dinnerware from the Enchanted Forest collection was just too lovely. My favourite were these lovely glass butterfly plates. Not only pretty for dining on, but would be perfect to add to a plate wall! 

west elm glass butterfly plates

There were a few other lovely pieces I am ready to add to our own home. 

The Parker Mid-Century Bar Cart would be great in our dining room (which we are getting ready to start piecing together), and the price point is fantastic! (It's on sale for $321.82 right now on West Elm's Canadian website!)

West Elm Parker Mid-Century Bar Cart

I'd also love to add the Emerson Six Drawer Dresser to our bedroom. The texture it would add would be excellent, and it would do a great job of filling the wall at the foot of our bed.

West Elm Emerson Dresser

West Elm Emerson Dresser

Not pictured, but incredible and the perfect gift for a friend or family member who is big into crafting and DIY is the awesome three tiered Crafting Box that West Elm now has out. We all ooh'd over it for a little while. It was a really versatile piece, but I would be thrilled to add it to my own office / craft room to keep some of my things a little better organized.

There is plenty more to see and love at West Elm right now! I wish that I could share more, but this post would get completely out of hand. So, why not pop into your local store and check out all of the great ideas to spruce up your home, decorate for the holidays and of course to find the perfect gift for all of the people on your list! (No, West Elm did not ask me to write that... it's just how I felt when I left the store).

What's on your "Want" or "Need" list these days? Are you already getting into the "holiday spirit"? Thinking of all of the time to come spent with family and friends celebrating! I for one cannot wait, and I'm so glad it all kicks off this weekend with Thanksgiving!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Please let me know if you're looking for a author for your blog.
    You have some really good articles and I feel I would be
    a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd really like to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link
    back to mine. Please shoot me an email if interested. Thanks!


    Visit my web page ... After Effects Animation Cartoon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig