Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Cobwebs, Witches & Ghosts

We are now 9 days away from Halloween. Though it has never been one of my favourite days of the year, having B and Halle around has really changed how I prepare and celebrate.   For one, B and I started collecting Halloween decorations together after our first October 31st in Toronto. Our collection is growing slowly but we do have fun putting things together for the big day. If you want to take a peek at how we decorated the rental last Halloween, you can read about it here. Today, I want to share how we decorated our house for Halloween this year... 


Halloween Decorations 2013

This little sign (and the orange Halloween lights that border our front door) all came from Home Depot last year, but they are still selling them.

Halloween Decorations 2013

I made these bats in different sizes using this template that I found on Pinterest, and some heavy duty black construction paper that we bought at Jo-Ann. We'd seen some Martha Stewart Craft bats that were $12 - our $1.99 construction paper bats are far more economical! 

The bats are taped inside of the window, and we plan to use our strobe light from Home Depot in this window - I think it will be a fun effect to have with the bats. 

Halloween Decorations 2013

Cotton spiderwebs are kind of our go-to thing around here. B loves them, and they are so inexpensive and easy to put up. We usually reuse ours for more than one year as well.

Halloween Decorations 2013

I adore these ghost lights that we bought at Target last year! So cute, and I hope to buy more this year when Halloween stuff goes on sale, so they can border our entire garden out front!

Halloween Decorations 2013Halloween Decorations 2013

I can't remember for certain where we got this creepy witch from, but I want to say HomeSense. I'd never really looked really closely at it until I was taking these pictures (B bought it last year after Halloween), and this thing REALLY creeps me out. I mean seriously. It's one of those things that when I was a kid I would have been very wary of when I was walking up to a house.

Halloween Decorations 2013Halloween Decorations 2013

We picked up three pumpkins this past weekend at the way-to-busy pumpkin patch. None of us enjoyed it as much as we did last year, but I am looking forward to coming up with a design and carving them! The two smaller pumpkins in our lanterns we bought for Halle at Granville Island the other week. She was so excited when she saw them and I couldn't pass them by - I just knew they would be perfect in those lanterns by the door! 

Halloween Decorations 2013

Our skull candle holder - our very first Halloween decoration that we purchased together at HomeSense. We've had the same red candle in it since then and we may just keep it that way! It's really quite fun, and the sidelight is the perfect spot to place it. A black sparkly ghost hangs overhead, but it won't be visible until Halloween night. We plan to hang a white sheet behind behind them in the window so they stand out a little better.

So there you have it - a look at our 2013 Halloween decorations. Do you decorate for Halloween? Have you started? What are some of your favourite ideas for Halloween decorating?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig