Thursday, August 8, 2013

Wedding Music

If you were to look at a mood board of inspiration for our wedding you would think we are going pretty traditional. To be honest, we're really not going for traditional at all. We'll be skipping things like cake, garter & bouquet toss and all of the traditional expected music for our procession and recessional.

Since we're getting married outdoors, we are able to choose all of our music. I was excited that I could pick whatever I wanted, and when it came down to it B was just fine with my choices when I played them for him. 

I'm not going to give away all of my song choices just yet, but I did have to share one of the songs I picked. Before I give you the song, let me give you a quick back story.

Early in 2007, I was finishing up my final year of University. Things were pretty stressful, and during that time music kept me sane. When I was introduced to the music of Nick Hall, I was immediately taken. His voice was incredible, and I loved the lyrics to his original songs. He was an instant favourite. I even had the chance to speak to him over the phone before one of his performances in England, and I kept up to date on what he was doing via social media.

I hadn't heard much new original work from him recently, but I heard a few of the covers that he had done as part of a duet called The Acoustic. When they released their cover of the song below, I immediately sent Nick a message and asked his permission to use it for my bridal party procession. I had already planned on using the original version of it, but loved the idea of having him "sing at our wedding". Nick agreed, and just asked that I share his music! Easy, and I would've done it even if he hadn't asked. So please, take a listen and let us know what you think!




Thank you again Nick, for agreeing to be a part of our special day. In a way, it only seems right to me to have one of your songs played on that day. Your music helped me through some pretty crazy stuff, and I adore all of it today as much as I did back then. Never, ever stop singing!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. That's one of my favorite songs - and I love the cover! Can't wait to celebrate with you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this song. the lyrics are perfect for someone who have been together as long as you and b (and that's why if I ever DO get married to S I would probably use this song, too). thanks for sharing this version, I hadn't heard it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry, that song is beautiful!! His voice is amazing...thanks for sharing indeed...i would totally tear up hearing this song and seeing a lovely bride walk down the aisle :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig