Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Bubbles & Balloons - Birthday Inspiration

With all of the wedding planning and moving we've had going on, I haven't had a ton of time to start planning Halle's second birthday party yet. Yup, that's right, in about a month and a half my sweet girl will turn two. How has time passed so quickly? It feels like only yesterday, I was a brand new Mommy, wondering if I would ever sleep the whole night through again. 


Bittersweet Photography

{care of Nicole Kathlyn Photography}

Now, I stay up until the wee hours of the morning reading blogs and starting posts that I haven't quite finished. I've also spent many of those late nights pinning inspiration for Halle's upcoming party. This year, I'm taking two things that she loves and combining them for her party - Bubbles & Balloons.

Here's some of my favourite pins so far that have me feeling ready to shop and plan...


4665035f0dc7abb766e272771964a069

I plan on making some little bubble favours for her little guests! I love that they will be simple with some dollar store containers, pipe cleaners, water, soap and some cute labels! 

2179c7004b23f3a2134a54bec2f0abbf
{via bliss bloom blog}

Some food & drink labels will be easy to make with some coloured card stock and a glue stick!

PicMonkey Collage
{1. via 2. via Catch My Party 3. via flickr}

Balloons EVERYWHERE! I can load up on balloons at the dollar store and will be able to utilize them for both parts of the theme! I love being able to do stuff like that. I hope B doesn't mind blowing up tons and tons of balloons for me to string, stick and hang everywhere!

bubblewreath_01
{via curbly}

I think that a bubble wreath would be a great way to welcome people to the party! I wonder if I can find some clear plastic bulbs like that at Michael's, Wal-Mart or the Dollar Store? Any suggestions?

So that's just a little peek at where I have started with my plans... now to begin shopping and collecting items for the party. I think I'll go with purple's, pink's and white for the colour's. Next up, invites so I can get them in the mail to our guests.

Are you planning any birthday's or parties that are coming up?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love this party idea, Kerry! So cute! and YES, where on earth does the time go? I can't believe Halle will be two, that means Alice isn't far behind, ahhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parents want to celebrate their kid’s birthday and for this reason they plan for a lot of things. Many of my friend’s plan for their kids birthday parties and every time they want something new to make their kids happy. For kids who are too little say 1 or 2 years old still their parents want that the birthday party should be real fun for all. Celebrating birthday for a small child is one of the ways that you are collecting sweet memories for her. When she will grow older she will like these pictures and the efforts that you had made in celebrating the party. When it was the birthday party of a 2 year old little girl at our home we also planned a lot and invited many kids and family members. The idea of bubble wreath is very imaginative and I will definitely do this in the next party. The balloons in the garden are one looking beautiful. We also had different games of balloons for kids in the party we had planned for. There were water balloons too. Birthday balloons are available in wide variety. For further information related to this you can have a look here at http://postalflowers.ie/balloons/birthday-balloons.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig