Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tiny Easter Treats

Growing up, Easter was always a fun holiday for us. We never had an Easter Egg hunt as children, but my brother and I would always race downstairs to find our baskets filled with tasty treats and often a little gift. I can only hope that Halle will have similar fond memories as she grows. I don't want Easter to become all about the stuff, but who doesn't love a little treat every now and then. With Halle still being so young, there's no need for her basket to be filled up with chocolately treats, so I came up with my own ideal Toddler Easter basket...


Easter 2013

1. Purple bunny ears - $2 - Real Canadian Superstore. There is nothing cuter than some bunny ears on your little one's, and it's always a fun way for them to dress up for the special occasion. I loved these purple one's and at $2, how can you turn them down?

2. Graduates Juice Treats - All toddlers deserve a special treat on a holiday, but I for one don't want to hop Halle up on chocolate. Instead, some yummy fruit snacks are a great alternative and the light colours of these Graduates treats fit in with the Spring holiday. I picked these up at Real Canadian Superstore, but you should be able to find them at most grocery stores.

3. Pink Woven Easter Basket - $1 - Real Canadian Superstore. I always remember having my own yellow basket that we would put out every Easter for the bunny to fill with treats. I wanted Halle to have her own as well, and when I saw that Superstore had these cute one's on for $1, I had to grab one for her. Not too big and not too small, it's the perfect size for a few treats and a little gift or two.

4. Bright Baby Touch and Feel Easter Boardbook - $4.95 - Indigo. Halle loves books, and we love reading to her. It's one of our favourite things to do, especially right before her nap or bed. It was a no brainer that we would want a book to be a part of her Easter basket and these touch and feel books are always a win. 

5. Plastic Egg Fillers - $1 - Real Canadian Superstore. Rather than putting juice treats into the basket in their little packaging, why not make them a bit more festive and place them inside these Plastic Egg Fillers? 12 Eggs for $1 - there's no reason not too!

6. Green Toys Race Car in Pink - $9.95 - Indigo. We love Green Toys around here. They are cute, and eco-friendly. When I saw the small pink race car, I knew our vehicle loving toddler would be a fan and the colour worked well in our basket. They also come in red & blue.

Easter shouldn't be all about chocolate. I'm most looking forward to special time as a family, and playing with Halle and her new toys.

What are some of your favourite Easter memories? What treats do you love the most? Are you a Cream Egg fan, or is your weakness Cadbury Mini Eggs, like me? Spill the beans on your Easter plans, and what would be in your ideal Easter basket.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Awww... your daughter is going to love the gifts.

    Cute blog!

    Whitney
    The Decor Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love superstore, and I love the easter basket! what memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog right here! Also your web site loads up
    very fast! What web host are you the use of? Can I get your affiliate hyperlink on your
    host? I wish my website loaded up as fast as yours lol

    Also visit my web site - paleo recipe book; ,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig