Sunday, December 20, 2009

What I Love About Christmas At Our House!

At our house we've been decorating slowly, especially with it being our first Christmas here. We've been collecting bits and pieces here and there, slowly bringing together our collection of Christmas decor. A lot of what we have, we've got a good deal on, absolutely loved, or have been given as a gift. So, as I see our house coming together for the quickly approaching big day, I'd like to share some of my favorite pieces for the holidays around our home...

I absolutely LOVE this wreath. I'd been looking for something similar for a while but couldn't find anything that I really loved and that was in my price range. WELL, after returning from our vacation B had to stop by my parents after work one day to pick up the dog and some other stuff. My Mom has spotted this while we were away and knew I was looking for one... so I was surprised when B came home with it. Since the little beads fall off easily, and our storm door isn't too sturdy we found the perfect spot on our living room wall to hang it... and I am so happy every time I look at it!

This little piece sits on top of our mantel. The reindeer tealight holder I found at HomeSense and loved immediately. I picked him up for around $8, and he was black, so I sprayed him with the high heat resistant aluminum spray I picked up for another project and he fits in perfectly with our holiday decor. My glass hurricane I also found at HomeSense to replace a broken glass vase we used as part of our Thanksgiving decor. The silver ribbon was on a box of ornaments I had bought on clearance a few years ago. The balls at the bottom are just Styrofoam painted blue and silver with some of my clearance ornaments piled on top. It could be more full, but we're already lacking ornaments on our tree. I'm sure we'll pick up a ton more in the after holiday sales!

We originally planned on using the stockings that my parents have been using for us in the past, but yesterday afternoon we made a stop at Kitchen Stuff Plus to look for a gingerbread man cookie cutter. They were completely sold out but I found these cute felt stockings on sale for 50% off... so the price? $2 a piece! Steal! I couldn't resist, so here they are, hanging from our mantel! (Note: we used nails for this season as we plan on getting a new mantel in the new year when we give the fireplace a complete overhaul. I'll have to cover that disaster of a fireplace in a whole other entry!)
We picked up this ornament while we were away on vacation in Ireland. I don't think that the picture does it any justice... it's by far the most beautiful ornament on our tree and a reminder of a great vacation together. Enough said!

Sleepy puppies in Christmas scarves! Isn't he adorable? I know - I'm sure you're all sick of seeing the dog on my blog... but hey, I can't get enough of him! He's my big suck... such a great addition to our family.

Of course there are so many other things around our house that I love at this time of year, but this is just a little sneak peek. How about you? What are some of your favorite things around your home at this time of year?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig