Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Search for the Perfect Pumpkin

I'll start by saying, Halloween has never really been my holiday. I've never really had fun dressing up and I found the emptying and carving of pumpkins more work than it's worth! However, every year I get into it and have spent hours upon hours creating and sewing together costumes (never in my life have I store bought... by 13 I was sewing my own costumes!), and finding the perfect pumpkin pattern. I figure, if I'm going to do it - I might as well make it worth it!

Well, as usual, this year I've left all of it until the last minute. Alright... it's a little more extreme this year since it's two days before the big days and we have NO IDEAS for costumes OR pumpkins. So today I have spent a great deal of time hunting down the perfect pattern for the pumpkin I hope to be carving tonight.

Last year B and I decided to show our love of our sports teams and B's dog, with the designs you see below...



They may have their problems - but I'll always love my Leafs!

B is a true blue Red Sox fan. A little girl who saw it even brought her Dad back to see the pumpkin, and he knocked on the door to compliment us on it!

Yes... even the dog got a pumpkin of her own...


So, this year I recommended to B that he uses his pumpkin to showcase his love of Native America artwork and he took to the idea. I, on the other hand, have turned to my love of all things pretty. Below is some inspiration I came across online today. I'm leaning towards the idea of a lacy looking pumpkin, but it'll come down to the amount of motivation and time I have on my hands once I get to carving. The latern pumpkins are really cute too - but I don't know how well my painting would turn out! Regardless of what I end up doing, I'll be sure to share the final products with everyone...




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig