Friday, May 21, 2010

Long Weekend Away

I apologize once again for the lack of posts this past week. Unfortunately, after solving my camera uploading issues on the weekend, I've once again hit a road block. Can't quite figure out what's keeping me from uploading, but I plan to get to the bottom of it. Home project related posts should be back soon.

In the meantime, B and I are once again escaping for the long weekend. We're hitting the road and making our way to Pittsburgh to visit my 91 year old Great Aunt. The woman is a firecracker, and I hope that if I live to be 91 I'm just like her. She's quick and witty, with a wicked sense of humor. Still sharp as a tack and living on her own. We've always a lot in common; our love of dancing, football and hockey, our sense of humor, and, of course, our love of American men!

We're looking forward to the visit and celebrating her 91 years, and of course, seeing a city neither of us have visited before. Maybe when I get back I'll even be able to share some photos. For now, here's some photos of the matriarch from my Mother's side.


It's photos like this that make me happy that my Mom and my Aunt are all about our family history. That is my Aunt Flo as a little girl - held by my great grandfather. My mom's Dad is the boy on the left with the little on on his shoulders.

This is me and my Great Aunt - December 2008

With her birthday cake for her 90th - we celebrated last August during our Annual family reunion at my Parent's house.


Aunt Flo with my Mom (right) and my Aunt Carol (left)

This trip has been a long time coming! We can't wait to see her. Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable long weekend (my Canadian friends)... for my American readers, one more week and you'll be able to enjoy your long weekend.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
© Life on Misneach Ridge
Blogger Designs by pipdig